A good bedtime story...nope
Rocking with mommy...nope
A lullaby CD...nope
A drink of "juice"...nope
Cuddling with blankets and animals...nope
Nightlight...nope
Leave door open...nope
Time out...nope
Shut door take away nightlight...nope
Fresh diaper...nope
Different place to sleep...nope
Melatonin...NOPE (are you kidding me!!!!)
Time out in the garage...nope (can you see things going down hill here...has lack of sleep made me the worst mom in the world??!?!?)
So he has a snoring/breathing problem...let's try nasal strips (brilliant Kelly, just brilliant)!
And yes he left it on all night!...
Nasal strips...NOPE!!!!
Here he is - jamas off, not tired, ready to play and start his day at 1:35am this morning (notice clock in the back ground) after he woke the whole house up. Really...any other ideas anyone??! Any one please??!? Give me something because I'm beginning to believe this is a family problem and that I will have to go through this with all of my kids and that thought makes me very tired.
8 comments:
Sorry Kelly :(. I wish I knew the secret. I promise I would share it.
Hey, just send him to Grandma.
Keddy, this might be my most favorite post ever that you've done! SO CUTE (even though it's not funny, on some level...)! But the pictures are terrific! Hang in there! You can DO it! =} <3
Benadryl. Seriously. Jessica has sleep problems and her doctor recommended trying Benadryl before we give her a prescripton. She said it isn't habit forming and can be used every night! :-) They have some that is dye free and now they even make the quick melt away tablets! So, far it has worked wonders and we haven't had to use a prescription! It does take about 30min to kick in though.
Sleepless nights with kids is no fun! Your pictures are really cute though!
Hum, I never would have thought to try nasal stripes. That was really smart. I'm sorry it didn't work! Although I am surprised he left it on all night. Very impressive. I wish I could help you. Maybe put him in a crib, give him some books and let him play tell he goes to sleep? =) Loved the pictures!!!!! So cute!
So sorry Kelly! I can't believe that the Melatonin didn't work? That's crazy.
I have had tough nights like that with Avery. To deal with it I put up a baby gate in her doorway, gave her some books and toys and let her have her own party. It lasted for a few nights and I think she realized staying up late wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
Maybe that will do the trick. Just make sure you have some Diet Coke on hand for those awful nights!
oh i feel so bad for you...you seriously have tried just about everything. you are so smart to try the nasal strips (did it help with brynn??). hang in there...only a few weeks until we are all together again :) and then you can catch up on some sleep!
Okay, maybe it has something to do with the name? My Tyler has been HORRIBLE at bedtime too! But I do feel bad for you that he was up at 2 am...yikes...it's hard enough being up with a new baby let alone a toddler who things it's all fun and games at 2 am. Good luck, just keep chuggin' along the mom train. ;)
Post a Comment