Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tyler with his Temperment

Tyler was in a little funk on our vacation.  For the most part he wasn't being "bad"... more just difficult.  We never knew if he was in a good mood or a bad mood and it would change fairly quickly.  A few days in I spent way more time than I wanted to pushing my 6 year old in the stroller while he played on daddy's phone - but PJ thought it was worth it so we didn't have to struggle with him and make the dynamic worse for everyone.  And it did work.  And he was great a lot of the time too.    
Toy Story: Tylers score on the left, mommy's on the right

You can usually tell in these pictures what mood he was in just by looking at him... or from his noticeable absence from them ;)
Notice no Tyler... he was watching from the sidelines :{
My boys riding together on Mickeys Barnstormer Rollercoaster :)



He went on Space Mountain again and loved it...
He's always been our daring, brave kid who wanted to go on the big fun rides with us.  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad used to be his favorite.  But as we approached I could tell he wasn't in the mood - his mood stopped him from doing a lot of things he normally would have done.  So I told PJ to go ahead and try and take him but sadly I didn't know if he'd go.  Next thing I know Tyler is standing next to me asking me if I would please go on the ride with him - in such a gentlemanly way.  I was thrilled and we went.  When we got off I told him how much I loved going on it with him and I was so glad he had asked.  He replied that it was no problem and now he got two dollars... ?!?  Huh?  As it turns out he and PJ had previously talked - PJ knows I love roller coasters, and more than that I love going on them with my buddy.  So since the ride was coming up and Tyler was in his funk my wonderful husband totally bribed Tyler to ask me to go on it with him... and it worked (but apparently he wasn't suppose to let the secret slip).  Oh well, I'm just glad we got to ride it again together :)

3 comments:

the Mom said...

Oh, Toller. <3

LOVE his expression in the shot of him with the red dinner plate. Haha - I felt the same way when I saw the food...

Also love the picture of you and him with the yellow glasses. :)

I could totally hear Toller telling you about The Bribe! :} So, singing the song When You Chance To Meet A Frown to him wouldn't have had the same effect?

Jaimi said...

Jeff, PJ, and I were dying/cracking up when we realized he would be in the front seat on Space Mountain. I wondered what he was thinking as I giggled and screamed, "Wahoo!...I love this ride!" etc throughout the ride. I can't help it. I LOVE that ride! (: It cracks me up that I always have the same expression on all the roller coaster ride pics.

Lyndsay Detro said...

Okay, a couple of things. One, I didn't know that you loved roller coasters so much. Two, I will admit that in the picture of your family with Pluto, Tyler scared me a little. Okay, maybe a lot. Three, were you trying to brag by posting that picture of your score vs. Tyler's? I think I'm seeing where his bad mood came from and why PJ had to bribe him. Just saying.....