Well I know I said I would never pay money to do a run again - it doesn't make sense to me to pay someone to do something I really don't like to do. But you know how the saying goes... never say never... yah that's true. You should never say never. I somehow got peer pressured into signing up to do the Color Vibe 5K that was coming to Panama City by some of my girl friends. And since I had to do it I called up Julia who was scheduled to be arriving at my house a few days after the race and convinced her she wanted to come a few days early and do it with me. The night before the race the girls decided we needed tutu's to run in. As it turns out we weren't being very original... about 1/3 of the runners were wearing one. This race was definitely more "fun" (I have to use that term very loosely here) then the others I've done. There was a great atmosphere, you could see the ocean, the weather was perfect, and they had an awesome DJ. The "color" was dyed conrstarchy like powder. They had 4 or 5 stations along the run route that had works throwing the color as you ran through.








Jamie Owens, ME, Julia Peper, Ashley Christensen, Cyndee Young, Becky Kindle
Before and After shots of Julia & I:
After we got a good run in for the morning everyone else wanted to go get some lunch on the way home. I was slightly embarrassed by our appearance...
But I lost and we went anyway. And they wouldn't even let me take my tutu off. But as it turns out we weren't alone. Once again everyone else had the same idea as us and Five Guys was full of colorful people.
Love all these ladies and the fun we can have together... even doing something I greatly dislike!








No comments:
Post a Comment