Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bye Bye Pacifiers!

I've been talking about it for forever and so I finally decided to just do it - yep, I made Tyler say goodbye to his pacifiers. He's a big boy and so he was only using them while he slept (he had to put them on his dresser once he got out of bed) but it was definately overdue.

He got to have one last moment...then he had to put them in the trash...


He didn't mind throwing them out because he just kept getting them back out again...so the trash had to be taken out of the house into the garage.

He wasn't so sure about it!

Its been about a week and its not going incredibly well. If he isn't very tired he SCREAMS when its time for bed - its not a sad cry its a mad cry - and it wakes Brynn up. And while he used to get up early or during the night he would go back to sleep - now he won't. We are a little tired around here but I'm sure he'll figure things out soon...right?!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a CUTE series of pictures, and a great video! way to go, keddy! just hang in there, and before you know it, it will all be a memory. before you know it, he won't want to get out of bed for seminary, and will say things like, i'm just going to sleep at church, anyway, so i might as well stay home. before you know it...

Clay and Katy said...

go kell! hope things get better for you soon! tyler is too cute...love his shorts!

Lyndsay Detro said...

Yeah, I thought his shorts were very cute too. I'm glad I've never had to deal with this. Madison's the only one who used a pacifier and she didn't care when I took it away. Whew. What I'm worried about is David and his thumb. Yikes!! It will all be over soon. Don't worry!

Wilson Family said...

well thank you everyone for noticing his shorts...he does have them in 3 different colors so its good everyone likes them as much as me :)

Anonymous said...

oh, i feel bad for not mentioning the shorts!!! i NOTICED them, but i was too busy giving you hope for the future to comment on them. looks like they'll fit him for a couple of years to come! =]

Wilson Family said...

i know...all his summer clothes i bought him are 2T and apparently he's still a little small. when i put them on, pj questioned the fact that they went down to his ankles, but he decided to let it drop when i offered to go buy him some smaller clothes.