Friday, May 24, 2013

Brynns Wonder Works Field Trip

 So like I said before... this past Thursday I got to go on a field trip with Brynn to the much anticipated Wonder Works upside down building.

Brynn has a bestie named Emma.  We switch off houses for having play dates for them just about every week.  Well I rode up with Jenn, Emma's mom, and we met the kids there - very thankful they didn't have room for us and we didn't have to do the bus ride ;)  

It was organized chaos.  The different classes were assigned to different levels/floors during a certain time period.  But during that time period they just got to run around and explore whatever was on that floor.  And the kids loved it. 











We started out on the top floor that had this awesome ropes course up in the air.  Brynn said this was her favorite part.  I was amazed at how much she liked it and how much she was willing to try it and do it and how brave she was.  She couldn't wait to come home and tell Tyler about it and show him the pictures and get him excited to go try it.
And then there was a bunch of other stuff...
There was even a bed of nails...
Okay, this 'scary ride' she wouldn't go on.  Other kids were giving in to peer pressure and going on it when they didn't want to and then ended up crying or being upset or whatever.  But Brynn knew she wouldn't like it.  Said she wasn't going to go on it.  And didn't.  I guess this time I was proud of her for that.  It was good to see that she wasn't just going to follow the crowd, but had a mind of her own and didn't care what anybody else thought.
You can never go wrong with bubbles.  They are always a winner...
Cute girlies...
And more fun...
Then instead of having them ride the bus back to the school (the school day was basically over) we checked them out and had them come home with us.  Of course we had to stop at Panera for lunch first :)  Lucky girls.  What a good day they had.  And Jenn and I were glad we could share it with them.

2 comments:

the Mom said...

Wow, that ropes course looked amazing, and I'm BEYOND impressed that Wynnie was so brave!! But what really warms my heart is how she could hardly wait to tell Toller about it! <3

Nice shot of yourself taking the picture in the fun house mirror. :}

Lyndsay Detro said...

Wow. That looked like an incredible place with so much stuff to do. So ... are you taking the other kids back??? You said it was too expensive, but how can you not now. ;)

And really. You didn't want to experience the joy of the bus with a group of 8 and 9 year old kids. Seriously?!?! =)