The kids had field day(s) at school this week. Brynn's was yesterday and her class won 2nd place overall for the relays. I do a lot with Brynn's class so I decided to spend field day with Tyler - and his was today. As it turns out, his class came in 2nd place overall for the relays too. He's actually quite the speedy little runner, we know that about him. So I noticed that he used that and was able to make up some distance for some of his other class/teammates who weren't as competitive or who didn't have quite the hustle that he did ;) which made me very proud. He liked to have an eye on the competition :)
After that I snuck out while the kids had PE (yep, they were exhausted) to go grab Tyler his favorite food and surprise him for lunch...
It was a good morning hanging out with my buddy. And here's just a random picture he drew this past week:
Also, I haven't blogged yet about the fact that his baseball season ended. I was a little sad about that because I loved going to watch him in his "big games". He had his last game while daddy was gone. And we didn't make it to the closing ceremonies but he was so proud of the trophy he got.











3 comments:
How great that you spent the day with Toller! You look like a proud mom in that first shot of the two of you! :)
Loved your comment about him liking to have an eye on the competition -- haha! I could picture that even before I watched the video. =} It was hard for me to tell what that last relay involved...
What a fun day!
cute that you got him lunch. I stand by my comments on facebook. Should have posted them here instead of in front of the whole world. Oh well! Fun videos!
Way to go!! I was a little confused as to what he was doing with that baton in the one relay. But that's awesome that they both did so well.
And I was confused as to what his coach was holding. Was there a ball at the end of the stick?? Is that how they hit? Was that just practice or a game?
Post a Comment