Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It was a good trip to WA. PJ and I miss living by Katy and Clay. So it was nice for me to be able to be there at this time and to try in help in little ways if possible. The whole time I was there they kept commenting on the gorgeous weather they were having (it was in the 60's and even hit 70). And they also kept rolling their eyes at me as I was layering on their sweaters and jackets and blankets and standing and sleeping two feet in front of their space heater. At times when I couldn't get the goosebumps to go away I did want to wonder what was wrong with me. But as my plane landed last night and the pilot welcomed us to Phoenix Arizona he announced that the weather (7:30pm) was a "warm" 97 degrees. Wow, we have some adjusting to do once we arrive in the midwest in a few weeks.

I already miss playing with Jack and snuggling with the newest, handsomest, littlest guy and forcing Katy to eat food & drink plent of water and giving Clay a hard time. But really...who wouldn't want to come home to this...

I definately missed my own little family lots! And it makes you feel so good when they are so excited to have you home. Thanks again PJ for letting me go! Oh!...and my baby decided to start doing his own really wierd version of an army crawl in the 4 days I was away! What's up with that?!


7 comments:

the Mom said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new pic you have at the top of the blog with all three of the kids. So good of all of them! Think calendar! =} Great post, Keddy.

Tammy said...

Your kids are so cute! Love your posts!!

Lyndsay Detro said...

How fun that you could go spend that time with katy and fam. I wish I could have been there. And how fun that you got to come home to your son covered in yogurt and another one crawling. And a very unique crawl at that. =)

Clay and Katy said...

Kelly, we miss you! Come back!!!!! BTW - made strawberry spinach smoothies last night. Very, very good.

kimberly said...

that crawl is hillarious. dylan is so cute and i love the picture of the three at the top. very adorable.

Unknown said...

Oh I just love that video, that wierd army crawl is exactly how our little Jacob started...it looks like they are swimming huh?
That was so sweet that PJ bought you a ticket to go help out Katy with her sweet new baby, so fun!

Judy said...

How fun to go be with your sister Katy. You all look fabulous.

Judy Tripp