Friday, May 14, 2010

The Butterfly House

Brynn and I went on a fieldtrip today with her class to the Butterfly House over in St. Louis. Unfortunately, it decided to be a rainy day, so what was suppose to be a nice relaxing all day fieldtrip - spending time out in the garden grounds, enjoying a picnic by the playground - didn't turn out as fun as it could have. We couldn't be outside so much and it got crowded so we had to come back early (but that gave us some time at the Book Fair).

When Brynn woke up she was all psyched...asking to wear light/bright colored clothing so the butterflys would want to land on her and everything. But of course when we got in there she spent all of her time doing this...
...ducking and dashing and squealing...
...from these little, or not so little guys...

Can't blame her. We all know I hate things with wings. And these darn butterflys were everywhere and weren't shy and were rather fast and fluttery. It took everything in me not to act like her even though I wanted to.
But she didn't mind the bugs in their cages...
And kept asking to find the chrysalis...
This is her and our buddy for the day McKenna...
And here with her friend Nathan by the giant caterpillar...

Our brief stop for lunch on a wet, rainy rock...

...lunch got finished up on the bus ride home. But it was a nice educational day!

2 comments:

the Mom said...

Love the pictures of Wynnie trying to avoid the butterflies. I'm pretty sure it's genetic... =/

Lyndsay Detro said...

I still think it's funny that you have a fear for things with wings. I just didn't know this about you. And I agree with mom, I love the pictures of Brynn trying to avoid the butterflies, especially with how hard she was trying to attract them. =)