Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend Activites

We didn't have a whole lot of activites planned for this weekend... I guess you could call it a more relaxing get together. But the kids got to stay home from school on Friday to play with Grandpa Wilson and they spent a lot of time reading books, playing games, showing him their stuff and just hanging out.
But it was a beautiful 70 degree day (in November?!?!?) and so we got out and showed him around the Base and stopped to play on a playground there for a bit...

And we took him to see the airplanes...

Then Gramma & Grampa Peper and the Warrens got in Friday afternoon. We BBQ'd some dinner and that did us in for the day.

The next morning the weather had sadly taken a turn for the worse and was back in the 50's with clouds. But as we headed home from the kids Primary activity/program practice the sun came out and we decided to head over to the zoo... only to get a call that PJ had a patient in labor that he needed to go deliver real quick. So we waited while he did that, and while we waited the sun went away again. But we went anyway...
...and it was a tad bit chilly. But most of us tried to enjoy ourselves as we walked briskly through the zoo :)
Dylan kept calling Kate our "baby giraffe"...

That night Katy had a good time with Kate...

3 comments:

Danielle O. said...

Okay that little Kate is to die for! I am so mad that I can't come over and squeeze her. She looked so sweet on her blessing day!

Lyndsay Detro said...

Love the video!! Too cute!

Also love that Tyler and Grandpa Wilson are playing Pretty Pretty Princess, not a girl in sight. ;)

And I think giraffes are really in right now. I decided recently that Andrew's animal is going to be a giraffe and I'm finding giraffe stuff everywhere!!

the Mom said...

Once again, a bunch of great pics of Jon with the kids, although he *has* to detest Pretty, Pretty Princess by now...

Love, love, LOVE the video. There's just nothing like a belly laugh from a baby! :}